Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Keep Kim Home Update

It's been a few months since our last active post.  Many donors have asked how Kim is doing and what is going on with fundraising.  Hopefully this will provide an update as well as some exciting items of interest!

First of all, Kim is doing well.  She continues to stay upbeat and optimistic despite the many challenges she faces.  The summer is a bonus, allowing her to go out to events like the Summerfest in Cache Valley, the previews of the Utah Festival Opera at the Logan Tabernacle.

In October we were worried that her finances wouldn't allow her to remain home past May. With your help and other sources of income it is now July and she is still home.  Something she is very grateful for.  Kim was able to sell an insurance policy that has provided her with some monthly income for the next two years, but it is not enough.  We still need your help.

In June, Kim posted the following on her facebook.  Please take a moment to read her thoughts and respond to her plea.

8 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease (ALS). I can do nothing for myself and must hire people to help me. It costs about $100 per day.

I spent all of my retirement savings, sold my home in Massachusetts, and I'm living on the remains of my life insurance policy which I was forced to cash out. I have had some fundraisers but I'm running out of money.

I have a special trust fund set up. You can read about it atwww.keepkimhome.blogspot.com. Many of you have contributed to it and I have a couple of very generous monthly donors.

If I could find 400 people who would donate $5 a month ($60 a year), I could avoid going back to a nursing home. I was there for almost 2 years and it was a nightmare.

Please repost this: I can reach 35,000 people.

Your friends know you and can trust that this isn't a scam or fake.

Thank you for your help.

Kim Maibaum



No comments:

Post a Comment